Chili Pressure Cooker Recipe
Write a review
- 1 TBSP Peanut Oil oil
- 2 LBs Ground Beef or Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Yellow Onions - chopped
- 8 Cloves of Garlic - chopped
- 1 Red Pepper - Diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper - diced
- 1 Sweet Potato - peeled and diced
- 2 Whole Chipotle Peppers
- 2 TBSPs Canned Adobo Sauce - from Chipotle Peppers
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 TBSP Ground Cumin
- 1 TBSP Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes — (28 ounces)
- 3 15oz cans of beans, rinsed and drained - any mix of black beans, dark or light red kidney beans, pinto, white navy beans or chickpeas
- 2 to 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth - can replace some with 12oz bottle of beer
- 1 Can (15 ounces) Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 Can (6 ounce) Tomato paste
- Shredded Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Turn your instant pot to sauté and add the bacon.
- Set an Instant Pot to sauté and drizzle in the olive oil.
- Cook until crisp, stirring often to cook evenly.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- Add peanut oil.
- Add the onions, garlic and peppers and cook until tender.
- Add the beef, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, breaking apart and browning the meat, until the turkey is no longer pink and the onion is beginning to soften, about 7 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, chipotle chili, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Let cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the sweet potatoes crushed tomatoes, beans, and 1 1/2 cups chicken broth.
- Drain off any excess grease, we just tilt the pot and use a large spoon.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and 3/4 of the bacon and stir to combine.
- Stir well.
- Cover, seal, and Turn the instant pot to chili and cook for 18-20 minutes*.
- Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with the vent.
- Quick release to vent the remaining pressure immediately.
- If the chili seems too thick, stir in additional chicken broth to reach your desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot with desired toppings.
Recipe Boom http://recipeboom.com/