Pasta Fagioli Pressure Cooker Recipe
Write a review
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 zucchini
- 1 rib celery chopped
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 2 large yellow onion
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 28 oz Diced tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper chili flakes optional
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans drained and rinsed, or cooked from scratch
- 1/2 cup canned Great Northern beans drained and rinsed, or cooked from scratch
- 3 cups tomato sauce canned or homemade
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained (preferably fire roasted or Italian style)
- 1 bag 16 oz dry cannellini beans
- Ditalini Pasta half of a box about 8 oz.
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar to taste
- water as needed to thin out soup to desired consistency
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot.
- Allow to preheat or until it beeps.
- Add oil to the inner pot and saute the onions for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and crumble until meat is brown and no longer pink.
- Drain any fat and return the pot back to the Instant Pot.
- Add the celery, carrots, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, Italian seasoning, bay leaf, fennel seeds, kidney beans, and zucchini.
- Press Cancel then close the lid.
- Press the MANUAL (older models) or PRESSURE COOK (newer models) button and set for 4 minutes.
- Turn the valve to SEALING.
- After the soup cooks for 3 minutes and the instant pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes.
- Then turn the valve to VENT to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid stir in the uncooked pasta.
- Press the SAUTE button cook for another 5-6 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and cooked.
- If soup is too thick for your liking, add more water as needed.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste and discard bay leaf.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar if desired.
- Serve warm with bread, sprinkled Parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.
Recipe Boom http://recipeboom.com/